Posted on Apr 18, 2022
In honor of National Volunteer Week, held from April 17 - 23, and Community Banking Month, held throughout the month of April, we are excited and proud to share some ways we give back to our local communities in a meaningful way.
A Heart for Giving and Volunteer Service
Last year our team member did some incredible things in the communities that we serve. Here are some of the highlights from across our footprint:
- 98 staff members contributed 8,485+ volunteer hours to 157 community organizations. The estimated national value* of the 8,485 volunteer service hours is $242,162
- 37 staff members served in volunteer leadership roles with the boards of 55 community organizations.
- 198 staff members supported our local United Ways by contributing more than $25,500 through the 2021/2022 Employee Giving Campaign.
- The Bank supported 234 community organizations through donations, sponsorships and program book advertising.
- Our team raised a total of $4,070 through the Bank’s Casual for a Cause initiative to benefit:
- American Heart Association and the Bank’s Heart Walk team
- Local chapters of the Alzheimer’s Association in honor of The Longest Day
- Local community organizations that help meet the food insecurity needs of families in our local markets and,
- Wreaths Across America to honor our Veterans at local cemeteries and Arlington National Cemetery.
At the start of the pandemic, we launched ACNB Bank Helping Hands to reinforce the Bank’s ongoing commitment to community and demonstrate how much we care in a tangible way during these challenging times. Throughout 2021, staff members embraced a variety of Helping Hands and other initiatives to help support the communities we serve and those in need.
*Latest figure indexed by Independent Sector in April 2021 based on an hourly rate of $28.54.