- Online Access
- Resource Center
Online and Mobile Banking Security
Secure Your Devices and Protect Your Identity
Be proactive to keep your information secure:
PC PROTECTION TIPS
- Keep your computer operating system and browser current.
- Use Anti-Virus (AV) & Anti-Spyware software and keep it up to date.
- Physically secure your computer.
- Be cautious of opening attachments or clicking links in emails.
MOBILE DEVICE PROTECTION TIPS
- Secure access to your mobile devices at all times.
- Do not allow the device to save your mobile banking passwords.
- Use caution downloading and installing Apps.
- Don’t use public or unsecured “Wi-Fi” to conduct financial transactions.
WIRELESS NETWORK PROTECTION TIPS
- Use encryption.
- Secure your computer and wireless router.
- Limit access to your network.
- Manage your mailbox.
- Check your purse or wallet.
- Keep your personal numbers safe and secure.
- Bank shop and spend wisely.
- Review your credit report.
- Memorize your ID and Password. NEVER share them with anyone and NEVER write them down.
- Do not allow your browser to save your passwords.
- Change your password regularly.
- Don’t use the same password for all your online activities. Passwords used to protect your online banking, trading and other financial activities should be unique, complex and separate from those used for email and social networking sites.
- Review account activity regularly and immediately report unauthorized activity.
- Properly log off after every session.
Remember, ACNB Bank will never:
- Call, email or text you asking for your Online Banking password, Wire PIN, token codes, account numbers or debit card numbers. If you receive such a call, email or text message, do NOT give out any information.
- Direct you to a website that asks you to update your personal account information.
- Send an email to you containing computer software updates.
- Visit your place of business and request to perform maintenance on your computer.
Important: If you receive a phone call, email or text message that you question, please take the time to call and ask us to validate the communication before taking any other action. Do not use the contact information provided in the email or text message that you receive. Use the number advertised on our web site or on the back of your debit/credit card so you know you are speaking to us.
Internet Explorer Support
Starting January 12, 2016, Microsoft will only provide security updates for the most current version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system. What does that mean? It means the security of your browser sessions will be impacted if you are not able to receive new security updates. Visit the browser update page for the latest browser download information.