- Resource Center
Security - For Consumers
At ACNB Bank, keeping your financial information secure is one of our most important responsibilities.
Identity theft and financial fraud continues to impact many consumers each year. Safeguarding your information is a partnership. The following sections provide important tips to protect you from scams and fraud.
ATM and Debit Card Services
- Chip and PIN technology.
- Traveling tips.
- ATM and retail store tips.
- More tips to keep you safe.
Online and Mobile Banking
- Online Banking security tips.
- PC protection tips.
- Mobile device protection tips.
- Wireless network protection tips.
Phishing and Social Networking
- Ways to identify fraudulent emails, texts, and phone calls.
- Social networking tips.
- Additional tips.
Remember, ACNB Bank will never:
- Call, email or text you asking for your Online Banking password, Wire PIN, token codes, account numbers or debit card numbers. If you receive such a call, email or text message, do NOT give out any information.
- Direct you to a website that asks you to update your personal account information.
- Send an email to you containing computer software updates.
- Visit your place of business and request to perform maintenance on your computer.
Important: If you receive a phone call, email or text message that you question, please take the time to call and ask us to validate the communication before taking any other action. Do not use the contact information provided in the email or text message that you receive. Use the number advertised on our web site or on the back of your debit/credit card so you know you are speaking to us.
Report fraud immediately. Call toll free at 1.888.334.ACNB (2262) or locally at 717.334.3161.
Mon-Wed 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thur-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sat 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Internet Explorer Support
Starting January 12, 2016, Microsoft will only provide security updates for the most current version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system. What does that mean? It means the security of your browser sessions will be impacted if you are not able to receive new security updates. Visit the Internet Explorer Support Lifecycle Policy FAQ's page for more details.