- Online Access
- Online Access
- Resource Center
Last updated February 21, 2023
As you review this policy, please keep in mind that:
- Our online sites are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without parental consent. To learn more about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.ftc.gov/.
What Information We Collect:
When you visit our site, we collect personal information that you provide, including in our forms, applications, surveys and other online fields. This information may include your name, mailing or email address, telephone number(s), account number(s), financial information, geolocation, contact lists, photographs, biometric and other personal information you may provide. If you have a financial product or service with us for personal, family, or household purposes, we will share and use information we collect from or about you in accordance with our Consumer Privacy Notice available on our website.
The Bank and service providers acting on our behalf may also collect non-personal information from your use of our online sites. This information may include your IP address, browser and/or device information, including location information, if enabled on your device, type of operating system you are using, information about the site or advertisement that brought you to our online site, and the parts of our online sites that you visit.
How We Collect Information:
We collect information through various means, including the information you provide directly to us on our online sites, information collected through third parties, as described below, and in an automated fashion, through your browser, cookies, pixel tags, clear gifs, web beacons, flash cookies, and other technologies.
Pixel tags, clear gifs, web beacons and flash cookies are transparent tags that are placed on a website, email or other message and are used to measure the actions of the visitor opening the page that contains the clear gifs and allow us to evaluate the effectiveness of our communications, detect and prevent fraud, and advertise.
We contract with advertising companies to advertise our products and services on third-party websites and mobile applications. We may use other information we collect as described above to assist these advertising companies in selecting which of our advertisements and offers may appeal to you. Please visit the third-party websites and mobile application for their privacy policies. We may also collect information about you from other online and offline sources, including credit reporting agencies and other third-party sources as permitted by law.
How We Use Information:
The information we collect from and about you is used to increase your service and experience on our online sites. We may use your information:
- To process your requests, transactions, applications and inquiries
- To verify your identity using location-based data
- To allow you to apply for products or services (e.g., to prequalify for a mortgage, open a checking account or other financial product) and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services
- To provide you with updates on your accounts, products and services, such as changes to terms, conditions or policies
- To inform you about important information regarding products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled
- To monitor website usage and/or performance, improve customer experience on our website, ensure technological compatibility with visitors' computers or other electronic or mobile devices, or to conduct aggregate analyses on usage patterns
- To perform analytics concerning your use of our online services, including the pages and advertisements you view utilizing Google Analytics and/or other third-party tools
- To deliver advertising to you directly or on third-party websites
- To allow you to access your online accounts
- To recognize you when you return to our sites
- For risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, and to increase security of our online services
- To provide you with personalized offers and customize your experience with our online sites
- To comply with applicable legal requirements
How We Share Information:
If you are a Bank customer, we may share personal information that we collect about you with our service providers, affiliates, joint marketers, and non-affiliates in accordance with our Consumer Privacy Notice available on our online site. This Consumer Privacy Notice does not apply to business or commercial customers. Specifically, we may share Personal Data with certain third parties without notice to you including:
- Affiliates. Like many companies, the Bank may share your personal and non-personal information with its related entities for internal business purposes or marketing.
- Service Providers or Joint Marketers. We may disclose certain personal and non-personal information we collect from your use of our online sites to companies that perform services on our behalf, including those who assist us in processing transactions, preparing and mailing statements, and responding to user inquiries. In addition, we may disclose that information to service providers that perform marketing services for us and to financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
- Non-Affiliates. We may disclose information about you to Non-Affiliates as required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, respond to inquiries from government authorities or defend legal actions, or for other legitimate business reasons or needs.
Android and iOS App Permissions:
When you download our app on a mobile device, depending on your software version, you will be prompted to accept certain permissions. Below are the permissions that may be requested by the app.
|Permissions||Why We Collect This Information|
|Location||We may need this information for regulatory and security purposes, or to provide certain location-based services (i.e. to location a branch or ATM).|
|Phone||We may need this information to permit one-touch dialing within our app. We will not access your phone log and to read your phone status and identity.|
|Camera / Photos / Media||The app requests access, with your consent, to capture and populate information to permit access and to process certain transactions (i.e. facial recognition log-on, mobile deposits).|
|Wearables||The app requests access, with your consent to wearables to permit access to account balances|
|Device and App History||We may use this information to:
|Storage||We may need this information to modify or delete SD card contents or to read the contents of your shared storage|
|Contacts||We may need this information to access your contacts to process certain transactions (i.e. person to person payments).|
|Other||We may need this information to:
Your Choice to Accept Cookies
Your browser may allow you to choose to not have your activities tracked by adjusting your browser’s cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin. Note, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to access your accounts online with the Bank. Therefore, if you set your browser options to disallow cookies, you may limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our online sites. The latest versions of internet browsers provide cookie management tools, such as the ability to delete or reject cookies or only retain cookies for a specific browsing session. We recommend that you refer to information supplied by browser providers for more specific information, including how to use these tools.
Data Security Measures
We have put reasonable security measures in place that are intended to protect against the loss or misuse of Personal Data that we have collected through the online sites. However, like most businesses, we are unable to provide a total guarantee that the security measures we take cannot be circumvented or breached.
How to Protect Your Personal Information
It is important that you protect your personal information. We will never request personal information, such as social security number, account numbers, PINs, or passwords, by email or phone calls or texts. If you receive an email, call, or text message asking for your personal information that appears to be from us, please contact us at 1.888.334.2262 to report the suspicious activity.
Changes to this Policy
If we make updates to this Policy, we will update the Policy with the changes and revise the “date of most recent update” posted at the top of this Policy. Any updates to the Policy become effective when we post the updates on the online sites. To the extent permitted by applicable law, your use of the online sites following the update to the Policy means that you accept the updated Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our practices in regards to the online sites, please contact us at 1.888.334.2262.